VERB ENDINGS

 VERB ENDINGS


Here are the verb endings for each tense and mood. Note that some tenses (like passé composé and plus-que-parfait) use auxiliary verbs instead of direct endings.


1. Présent (Indicatif)


-ER verbs: -e, -es, -e, -ons, -ez, -ent


-IR verbs: -is, -is, -it, -issons, -issez, -issent


-RE verbs: -s, -s, -, -ons, -ez, -ent



2. Imparfait (Indicatif)


(Add to the nous form of the present without "-ons")


-ais, -ais, -ait, -ions, -iez, -aient



3. Futur Simple


(Add to the infinitive)


-ai, -as, -a, -ons, -ez, -ont



4. Passé Simple


-ER verbs: -ai, -as, -a, -âmes, -âtes, -èrent


-IR and -RE verbs: -is, -is, -it, -îmes, -îtes, -irent


Irregular verbs have unique stems and endings: -us, -us, -ut, -ûmes, -ûtes, -urent



5. Passé Composé


Avoir or être + past participle


Example: J’ai parlé (I spoke), Je suis allé (I went)




6. Plus-que-parfait


Imparfait of avoir or être + past participle


Example: J’avais parlé (I had spoken), J’étais allé (I had gone)




7. Conditionnel Passé


Conditionnel présent of avoir or être + past participle


Example: J’aurais parlé (I would have spoken), Je serais allé (I would have gone)




8. Subjonctif Présent


Start with the third-person plural (ils/elles) stem of the present tense and add:


-ER, -IR, -RE verbs: -e, -es, -e, -ions, -iez, -ent




Would you like me to conjugate the verbs for you now?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acheter

House of Etre Imparfait

Sortir