House of Etre Imparfait
HOUSE OF ETRE IMPARFAIT ONLY
Here is the full list of house of être verbs in the imparfait using je, on, and ils, following your FS rule:
All the House of Être Verbs in the Imparfait
1. Aller – J'allais au marché. (I was going to the market.)
On allait souvent à la plage. (We/People were often going to the beach.)
Ils allaient à l'école ensemble. (They were going to school together.)
2. Venir – J'venais de Paris. (I was coming from Paris.)
On venait toujours à l'heure. (We/People were always coming on time.)
Ils venaient chez nous le dimanche. (They were coming to our place on Sundays.)
3. Arriver – J'arrivais tard. (I was arriving late.)
On arrivait avant le lever du soleil. (We/People were arriving before sunrise.)
Ils arrivaient ensemble à la fête. (They were arriving together at the party.)
4. Partir – J'partais tôt. (I was leaving early.)
On partait après le déjeuner. (We/People were leaving after lunch.)
Ils partaient toujours à la dernière minute. (They were always leaving at the last minute.)
5. Entrer – J'entrais dans la maison. (I was entering the house.)
On entrait sans frapper. (We/People were entering without knocking.)
Ils entraient discrètement. (They were entering quietly.)
6. Sortir – J'sortais avec mes amis. (I was going out with my friends.)
On sortait souvent le soir. (We/People were going out often in the evening.)
Ils sortaient après le dîner. (They were going out after dinner.)
7. Monter – J'montais l'escalier. (I was going up the stairs.)
On montait voir la vue. (We/People were going up to see the view.)
Ils montaient au grenier. (They were going up to the attic.)
8. Descendre – J'descendais au sous-sol. (I was going down to the basement.)
On descendait lentement. (We/People were going down slowly.)
Ils descendaient avec précaution. (They were going down carefully.)
9. Tomber – J'tombais souvent. (I was falling often.)
On tombait sur des obstacles inattendus. (We/People were stumbling upon unexpected obstacles.)
Ils tombaient malades en hiver. (They were getting sick in winter.)
10. Naître – J'naissais en hiver. (I was being born in winter.)
On naissait dans des familles différentes. (We/People were being born into different families.)
Ils naissaient dans la même ville. (They were being born in the same city.)
11. Mourir – J'mourais de fatigue. (I was dying of exhaustion.)
On mourait de rire. (We/People were dying of laughter.)
Ils mouraient jeunes. (They were dying young.)
12. Retourner – J'retournais à la maison. (I was going back home.)
On retournait toujours au même endroit. (We/People were always going back to the same place.)
Ils retournaient chez eux après le travail. (They were going back home after work.)
13. Rester – J'restais à l'hôtel. (I was staying at the hotel.)
On restait jusqu'à la fin. (We/People were staying until the end.)
Ils restaient dans la salle d'attente. (They were staying in the waiting room.)
14. Devenir – J'devenais plus fort. (I was becoming stronger.)
On devenait de bons amis. (We/People were becoming good friends.)
Ils devenaient plus sages avec l'âge. (They were becoming wiser with age.)
15. Revenir – J'revenais après le travail. (I was coming back after work.)
On revenait toujours ici. (We/People were always coming back here.)
Ils revenaient de vacances. (They were coming back from vacation.)
This follows your FS decision to use only the imparfait for these verbs, making past narration much simpler. Let me know if you need any refinements!
Here are example sentences using the imparfait for all the house of être verbs plus a selection of reflexive verbs, following your FS rule:
House of être verbs
1. Aller – J'allais au marché. (I was going to the market.)
2. Venir – J'venais de la ville. (I was coming from the city.)
3. Arriver – J'arrivais tôt. (I was arriving early.)
4. Partir – J'partais tard. (I was leaving late.)
5. Entrer – J'entrais dans la salle. (I was entering the room.)
6. Sortir – J'sortais avec des amis. (I was going out with friends.)
7. Monter – J'montais l'escalier. (I was going up the stairs.)
8. Descendre – J'descendais au sous-sol. (I was going down to the basement.)
9. Tomber – J'tombais souvent en hiver. (I was falling often in winter.)
10. Naître – J'naissais en janvier. (I was being born in January.)
11. Mourir – J'mourais de froid. (I was dying of cold.)
12. Retourner – J'retournais chez moi. (I was returning home.)
13. Rester – J'restais à l'hôtel. (I was staying at the hotel.)
14. Devenir – J'devenais médecin. (I was becoming a doctor.)
15. Revenir – J'revenais après le travail. (I was coming back after work.)
Reflexive verbs
16. Se lever – J'me levais à six heures. (I was getting up at six o’clock.)
17. Se coucher – J'me couchais tard. (I was going to bed late.)
18. Se laver – J'me lavais tous les matins. (I was washing myself every morning.)
19. S'habiller – J'm'habillais vite. (I was getting dressed quickly.)
20. Se reposer – J'me reposais après le travail. (I was resting after work.)
21. S'endormir – J'm'endormais facilement. (I was falling asleep easily.)
22. Se souvenir – J'me souvenais de ce jour-là. (I was remembering that day.)
23. Se promener – J'me promenais au parc. (I was taking a walk in the park.)
Sentences with "on"
24. On allait au cinéma chaque semaine. (We/People were going to the movies every week.)
25. On entrait toujours par la porte arrière. (We/People were always entering through the back door.)
26. On se levait tôt le dimanche. (We/People were getting up early on Sundays.)
27. On se souvenait de cette histoire. (We/People were remembering this story.)
Sentences with "ils"
28. Ils venaient souvent nous voir. (They were often coming to see us.)
29. Ils descendaient la rue en chantant. (They were going down the street singing.)
30. Ils se reposaient après l'école. (They were resting after school.)
31. Ils s'endormaient devant la télé. (They were falling asleep in front of the TV.)
This setup keeps everything simple while still making sense in context. Let me know if you want more examples!
Comments
Post a Comment