Sortir

 

Here are the tenses for sortir (to go out, to exit) with example sentences and their English translations:


Présent (I go out, You go out, He/She goes out, etc.)

  • Je sors tous les soirs faire une promenade. → I go out every evening for a walk.
  • Tu sors avec tes amis ce soir ? → Are you going out with your friends tonight?
  • Il sort du bureau à 18 heures. → He leaves the office at 6 p.m.
  • Nous sortons rarement en semaine. → We rarely go out during the week.
  • Vous sortez souvent au restaurant ? → Do you often go out to restaurants?
  • Elles sortent du cinéma après le film. → They leave the cinema after the movie.

Imparfait (I was going out, You were going out, He/She was going out, etc.)

  • Je sortais tous les week-ends avec mes amis. → I used to go out every weekend with my friends.
  • Tu sortais tard du travail. → You used to leave work late.
  • Il sortait tous les soirs courir. → He used to go out running every evening.
  • Nous sortions souvent au parc. → We used to go out to the park often.
  • Vous sortiez toujours après le dîner. → You always used to go out after dinner.
  • Elles sortaient rarement en hiver. → They rarely went out in winter.

Futur Simple (I will go out, You will go out, He/She will go out, etc.)

  • Je sortirai ce soir si je ne suis pas trop fatigué. → I will go out tonight if I’m not too tired.
  • Tu sortiras après avoir fini tes devoirs. → You will go out after finishing your homework.
  • Il sortira du bureau vers 18 heures. → He will leave the office around 6 p.m.
  • Nous sortirons samedi soir pour fêter ton anniversaire. → We will go out on Saturday night to celebrate your birthday.
  • Vous sortirez plus tard si vous voulez. → You will go out later if you want.
  • Elles sortiront après le concert. → They will go out after the concert.

Passé Simple (I went out, You went out, He/She went out, etc.) [Literary use]

  • Je sortis de la maison sans bruit. → I went out of the house without making noise.
  • Tu sortis précipitamment de la salle. → You rushed out of the room.
  • Il sortit du café en colère. → He went out of the café angrily.
  • Nous sortîmes du théâtre après la représentation. → We left the theater after the performance.
  • Vous sortîtes du bâtiment en silence. → You left the building in silence.
  • Elles sortirent de l’hôtel au lever du soleil. → They left the hotel at sunrise.

Passé Composé (I went out, You went out, He/She went out, etc.)

  • Je suis sorti avec mes amis hier soir. → I went out with my friends last night.
  • Tu es sorti faire une course ? → Did you go out to run an errand?
  • Il est sorti du bureau plus tôt que d’habitude. → He left the office earlier than usual.
  • Nous sommes sortis dîner en ville. → We went out for dinner in town.
  • Vous êtes sortis du cinéma avant la fin du film ? → Did you leave the cinema before the end of the movie?
  • Elles sont sorties danser toute la nuit. → They went out dancing all night.

Plus-que-parfait (I had gone out, You had gone out, He/She had gone out, etc.)

  • J’étais déjà sorti quand tu as appelé. → I had already gone out when you called.
  • Tu étais sorti avant que je ne revienne. → You had gone out before I came back.
  • Il était sorti faire des courses. → He had gone out to do some shopping.
  • Nous étions sortis avant que la pluie ne commence. → We had gone out before the rain started.
  • Vous étiez sortis voir un spectacle. → You had gone out to see a show.
  • Elles étaient sorties ensemble après le travail. → They had gone out together after work.

Conditionnel Passé (I would have gone out, You would have gone out, He/She would have gone out, etc.)

  • Je serais sorti s’il avait fait beau. → I would have gone out if the weather had been nice.
  • Tu serais sorti si tu n’avais pas été malade. → You would have gone out if you hadn’t been sick.
  • Il serait sorti plus tôt s’il avait pu. → He would have gone out earlier if he had been able to.
  • Nous serions sortis avec vous si nous avions su. → We would have gone out with you if we had known.
  • Vous seriez sortis si vous aviez eu le temps. → You would have gone out if you had had the time.
  • Elles seraient sorties si elles avaient trouvé une babysitter. → They would have gone out if they had found a babysitter.

Subjonctif Présent (That I go out, That you go out, That he/she goes out, etc.)

  • Il faut que je sorte prendre l’air. → I need to go out to get some fresh air.
  • Je veux que tu sortes plus souvent. → I want you to go out more often.
  • Il est important qu’il sorte voir ses amis. → It is important that he goes out to see his friends.
  • Nous espérons que vous sortiez avec nous. → We hope that you go out with us.
  • Il est possible que nous sortions ce soir. → It is possible that we go out tonight.
  • Je doute qu’elles sortent par ce froid. → I doubt that they will go out in this cold weather.

Let me know if you need another verb!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acheter

House of Etre Imparfait

Conduire