Parler
Here are example sentences for parler in all your requested tenses, with English translations.
---
Présent (I speak, You speak, He/She speaks, etc.)
Je parle français tous les jours. → I speak French every day.
Tu parles très bien anglais. → You speak English very well.
Il parle avec ses amis après l'école. → He speaks with his friends after school.
Nous parlons de nos projets pour les vacances. → We are talking about our plans for the vacation.
Vous parlez souvent de vos voyages. → You often talk about your travels.
Elles parlent de leurs études en ce moment. → They are talking about their studies right now.
---
Imparfait (I was speaking, You were speaking, He/She was speaking, etc.)
Je parlais avec lui quand tu es arrivé. → I was speaking with him when you arrived.
Tu parlais toujours de tes projets futurs. → You were always talking about your future projects.
Il parlait de son travail quand je l'ai vu. → He was talking about his work when I saw him.
Nous parlions de nos vacances d'été. → We were talking about our summer holidays.
Vous parliez très fort pendant la réunion. → You were speaking very loudly during the meeting.
Elles parlaient de leurs amis pendant le déjeuner. → They were talking about their friends during lunch.
---
Futur Simple (I will speak, You will speak, He/She will speak, etc.)
Je parlerai à mes parents ce soir. → I will speak to my parents tonight.
Tu parleras à la directrice demain. → You will speak to the principal tomorrow.
Il parlera de son projet à la conférence. → He will talk about his project at the conference.
Nous parlerons de ce sujet en réunion. → We will discuss this topic in the meeting.
Vous parlerez à vos collègues demain matin. → You will speak to your colleagues tomorrow morning.
Elles parleront de leurs vacances après le cours. → They will talk about their vacation after the class.
---
Passé Simple (I spoke, You spoke, He/She spoke, etc.) [Mostly literary]
Je parlai avec lui pendant des heures. → I spoke with him for hours.
Tu parlas de tes projets pendant toute la réunion. → You talked about your projects throughout the meeting.
Il parla de ses voyages autour du monde. → He spoke about his travels around the world.
Nous parlâmes de nos souvenirs d'enfance. → We spoke about our childhood memories.
Vous parlâtes de vos expériences avec enthousiasme. → You spoke about your experiences enthusiastically.
Elles parlèrent de leurs rêves et de leurs ambitions. → They spoke about their dreams and ambitions.
---
Passé Composé (I have spoken, You have spoken, He/She has spoken, etc.)
J'ai parlé à mon frère ce matin. → I spoke to my brother this morning.
Tu as parlé avec ton professeur après le cours. → You spoke with your teacher after the class.
Il a parlé de ses projets lors de la réunion. → He spoke about his projects during the meeting.
Nous avons parlé de nos vacances récemment. → We talked about our vacation recently.
Vous avez parlé de vos idées pendant la conférence. → You spoke about your ideas during the conference.
Elles ont parlé de leur voyage à Paris. → They talked about their trip to Paris.
---
Plus-que-parfait (I had spoken, You had spoken, He/She had spoken, etc.)
J'avais parlé à mes parents avant de partir. → I had spoken to my parents before leaving.
Tu avais parlé de ce problème plusieurs fois. → You had talked about this issue several times.
Il avait parlé de sa journée avant de se coucher. → He had talked about his day before going to bed.
Nous avions parlé de notre projet avant le lancement. → We had talked about our project before the launch.
Vous aviez parlé avec l'équipe avant de prendre une décision. → You had spoken with the team before making a decision.
Elles avaient parlé de leurs études avant de sortir. → They had talked about their studies before going out.
---
Conditionnel Passé (I would have spoken, You would have spoken, He/She would have spoken, etc.)
J'aurais parlé à la directrice si j'avais eu l'occasion. → I would have spoken to the principal if I had had the chance.
Tu aurais parlé avec elle si tu l'avais vue. → You would have spoken with her if you had seen her.
Il aurait parlé de ses problèmes s'il avait eu confiance en nous. → He would have spoken about his problems if he had trusted us.
Nous aurions parlé de ce sujet si vous aviez été là. → We would have talked about this topic if you had been there.
Vous auriez parlé de vos projets si vous en aviez eu l'occasion. → You would have spoken about your projects if you had had the opportunity.
Elles auraient parlé de leur journée si elles avaient eu plus de temps. → They would have talked about their day if they had had more time.
---
Subjonctif Présent (That I speak, That you speak, That he/she speaks, etc.)
Il faut que je parle à mon professeur de ce sujet. → It is necessary that I speak to my teacher about this topic.
Je veux que tu parles avec eux de ce problème. → I want you to speak with them about this problem.
Il est important qu'il parle de ses sentiments. → It is important that he speaks about his feelings.
Nous espérons que vous parlerez de ce sujet lors de la réunion. → We hope that you will speak about this topic during the meeting.
Il est possible que nous parlions de cette question demain. → It is possible that we will speak about this issue tomorrow.
J'ai peur qu'elles ne parlent pas de la situation. → I am afraid that they will not speak about the situation.
---
Let me know if you need further examples or explanations!
Comments
Post a Comment