Entendre
Here are example sentences for entendre in all your requested tenses, with English translations.
---
Présent (I hear, You hear, He/She hears, etc.)
J'entends de la musique dans le salon. → I hear music in the living room.
Tu entends ce bruit étrange ? → Do you hear that strange noise?
Il entend souvent des voix dans la rue. → He often hears voices in the street.
Nous entendons les oiseaux chanter chaque matin. → We hear the birds singing every morning.
Vous entendez bien ce que je dis ? → Do you hear well what I am saying?
Elles entendent des pas dans le couloir. → They hear footsteps in the hallway.
---
Imparfait (I was hearing, You were hearing, He/She was hearing, etc.)
Je n'entendais rien pendant le film. → I couldn't hear anything during the movie.
Tu entendais des bruits bizarres hier soir. → You were hearing strange sounds last night.
Il entendait tout ce qu'on disait dans la pièce. → He was hearing everything we said in the room.
Nous entendions des enfants jouer dehors. → We were hearing children playing outside.
Vous entendiez souvent des rumeurs au travail. → You were often hearing rumors at work.
Elles entendaient des éclats de voix au loin. → They were hearing voices shouting in the distance.
---
Futur Simple (I will hear, You will hear, He/She will hear, etc.)
Je t'entendrai quand tu reviendras. → I will hear you when you return.
Tu entendras bientôt des nouvelles de tes amis. → You will soon hear news from your friends.
Il entendra la chanson qu'il aime à la radio. → He will hear the song he likes on the radio.
Nous entendrons sûrement l'annonce demain. → We will surely hear the announcement tomorrow.
Vous entendrez parler de moi, ne vous inquiétez pas. → You will hear about me, don't worry.
Elles entendront le bruit du train passer. → They will hear the sound of the train passing.
---
Passé Simple (I heard, You heard, He/She heard, etc.) [Mostly literary]
Je n'entendis rien lors de la réunion. → I heard nothing during the meeting.
Tu entendis des voix dans le couloir. → You heard voices in the hallway.
Il entendit un cri au loin. → He heard a scream in the distance.
Nous entendîmes la cloche sonner. → We heard the bell ring.
Vous entendîtes le bruit d'une voiture s'arrêter. → You heard the sound of a car stopping.
Elles entendirent des éclats de rire dans la rue. → They heard laughter in the street.
---
Passé Composé (I have heard, You have heard, He/She has heard, etc.)
J'ai entendu un bruit étrange cette nuit. → I heard a strange noise last night.
Tu as entendu ce qu'il a dit ? → Did you hear what he said?
Il a entendu quelqu'un frapper à la porte. → He heard someone knocking at the door.
Nous avons entendu des cris à l'extérieur. → We heard screams outside.
Vous avez entendu la nouvelle ? → Did you hear the news?
Elles ont entendu la chanson à la radio ce matin. → They heard the song on the radio this morning.
---
Plus-que-parfait (I had heard, You had heard, He/She had heard, etc.)
J'avais entendu parler de ce film avant. → I had heard about this movie before.
Tu avais entendu des bruits bizarres toute la journée. → You had been hearing strange noises all day.
Il avait entendu le bruit de la porte qui grince. → He had heard the sound of the door creaking.
Nous avions entendu la cloche sonner à midi. → We had heard the bell ring at noon.
Vous aviez entendu l'annonce avant de partir. → You had heard the announcement before leaving.
Elles avaient entendu des voix dans le jardin. → They had heard voices in the garden.
---
Conditionnel Passé (I would have heard, You would have heard, He/She would have heard, etc.)
J'aurais entendu si tu m'avais parlé. → I would have heard if you had spoken to me.
Tu aurais entendu la chanson si tu étais arrivé à temps. → You would have heard the song if you had arrived on time.
Il aurait entendu l'alarme si la fenêtre n'était pas fermée. → He would have heard the alarm if the window had not been closed.
Nous aurions entendu les annonces si nous étions restés. → We would have heard the announcements if we had stayed.
Vous auriez entendu le bruit de la porte si vous n'aviez pas été occupé. → You would have heard the sound of the door if you hadn't been busy.
Elles auraient entendu les sirènes si elles avaient été dehors. → They would have heard the sirens if they had been outside.
---
Subjonctif Présent (That I hear, That you hear, That he/she hears, etc.)
Il faut que j'entende cette chanson. → It is necessary that I hear this song.
Je veux que tu entendes ce message clairement. → I want you to hear this message clearly.
Il est important qu'il entende les instructions. → It is important that he hears the instructions.
Nous espérons que vous entendiez la nouvelle demain. → We hope that you hear the news tomorrow.
Il est possible que nous entendions la cloche bientôt. → It is possible that we will hear the bell soon.
J'ai peur qu'elles n'ent endent pas ce que je dis. → I am afraid they won't hear what I am saying.
---
Let me know if you need further examples or clarifications!
Comments
Post a Comment