Avoir

 AVOIR NB TENSES WITH EXAMPLE SENTENCES 


Here are example sentences for avoir in all your requested tenses, with English translations.


Présent (I have, You have, He/She has, We have, You have, They have)

J’ai un chien. → I have a dog.

Tu as beaucoup de travail aujourd’hui. → You have a lot of work today.

Il a une voiture rouge. → He has a red car.

Nous avons une réunion à 10 heures. → We have a meeting at 10 o’clock.

Vous avez une belle maison. → You have a beautiful house.

Ils ont trois enfants. → They have three children.


Imparfait (I had, You had, He/She had, We had, You had, They had)

J’avais toujours faim après l’école. → I was always hungry after school.

Tu avais un bon professeur de maths. → You had a good math teacher.

Elle avait une belle voix. → She had a beautiful voice.

Nous avions beaucoup de devoirs à faire. → We had a lot of homework to do.

Vous aviez raison sur ce point. → You were right about that.

Ils avaient une grande maison à la campagne. → They had a big house in the countryside.


Futur Simple (I will have, You will have, He/She will have, We will have, You will have, They will have)

J’aurai le temps demain. → I will have time tomorrow.

Tu auras une surprise. → You will have a surprise.

Il aura bientôt 18 ans. → He will be 18 soon.

Nous aurons des invités ce week-end. → We will have guests this weekend.

Vous aurez une réponse bientôt. → You will have an answer soon.

Elles auront du travail à faire. → They will have work to do.


Passé Simple (I had, You had, He/She had, We had, You had, They had) [Mostly literary]

J’eus une idée brillante. → I had a brilliant idea.

Tu eus beaucoup de courage. → You had a lot of courage.

Il eut un accident en route. → He had an accident on the way.

Nous eûmes de la chance. → We had luck.

Vous eûtes une belle carrière. → You had a great career.

Ils eurent des problèmes financiers. → They had financial problems.


Passé Composé (I have had / I had, You have had / You had, etc.)

J’ai eu une bonne note à l’examen. → I got a good grade on the exam.

Tu as eu une longue journée. → You had a long day.

Elle a eu une promotion. → She got a promotion.

Nous avons eu un accident hier. → We had an accident yesterday.

Vous avez eu une bonne idée. → You had a good idea.

Ils ont eu peur en voyant le film. → They were scared watching the movie.


Plus-que-parfait (I had had, You had had, He/She had had, We had had, You had had, They had had)

J’avais eu une journée difficile. → I had had a difficult day.

Tu avais eu beaucoup de chance. → You had had a lot of luck.

Il avait eu une enfance heureuse. → He had had a happy childhood.

Nous avions eu une longue conversation. → We had had a long conversation.

Vous aviez eu une opportunité incroyable. → You had had an incredible opportunity.

Ils avaient eu des problèmes techniques. → They had had technical problems.


Conditionnel Passé (I would have had, You would have had, He/She would have had, We would have had, You would have had, They would have had)

J’aurais eu plus de temps si j’avais mieux organisé mon travail. → I would have had more time if I had better organized my work.

Tu aurais eu une meilleure note si tu avais étudié plus. → You would have had a better grade if you had studied more.

Elle aurait eu moins de stress avec un bon planning. → She would have had less stress with a good schedule.

Nous aurions eu plus de succès avec un bon marketing. → We would have had more success with good marketing.

Vous auriez eu un meilleur prix si vous aviez négocié. → You would have had a better price if you had negotiated.

Ils auraient eu moins de problèmes en étant plus prudents. → They would have had fewer problems by being more careful.


Subjonctif Présent (That I have, That you have, That he/she has, etc.)

Il faut que j’aie de la patience. → I must have patience.

Je veux que tu aies confiance en toi. → I want you to have confidence in yourself.

Qu’il ait du courage est essentiel. → That he has courage is essential.

Que nous ayons une discussion franche est important. → That we have an honest discussion is important.

Il est nécessaire que vous ayez tous les documents. → It is necessary that you have all the documents.

J’espère qu’ils aient du beau temps pour leur voyage. → I hope they have good weather for their trip.


Let me know if you want another verb!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acheter

House of Etre Imparfait

Sortir