Dire
Here are example sentences for dire in all your requested tenses, with English translations.
---
Présent (I say, You say, He/She says, etc.)
Je dis toujours la vérité. → I always tell the truth.
Tu dis des choses intéressantes. → You say interesting things.
Il dit qu'il viendra demain. → He says that he will come tomorrow.
Nous disons souvent ce que nous pensons. → We often say what we think.
Vous dites toujours des blagues drôles. → You always tell funny jokes.
Elles disent qu'elles partent en vacances la semaine prochaine. → They say that they are going on vacation next week.
---
Imparfait (I was saying, You were saying, He/She was saying, etc.)
Je disais toujours bonjour à mes voisins. → I was always saying hello to my neighbors.
Tu disais que tu étais fatigué hier. → You were saying that you were tired yesterday.
Il disait qu'il allait rentrer tard. → He was saying that he was going to come home late.
Nous disions souvent des histoires amusantes. → We were often telling funny stories.
Vous disiez que vous étiez occupés. → You were saying that you were busy.
Elles disaient qu'elles allaient au cinéma. → They were saying that they were going to the movies.
---
Futur Simple (I will say, You will say, He/She will say, etc.)
Je dirai la vérité demain. → I will tell the truth tomorrow.
Tu diras ce que tu penses. → You will say what you think.
Il dira à tout le monde qu'il part en vacances. → He will tell everyone that he is going on vacation.
Nous dirons ce que nous avons prévu de faire. → We will say what we have planned to do.
Vous direz à vos parents que vous avez réussi l'examen. → You will tell your parents that you passed the exam.
Elles diront tout à leurs amis après la réunion. → They will tell everything to their friends after the meeting.
---
Passé Simple (I said, You said, He/She said, etc.) [Mostly literary]
Je disais la vérité à tout le monde. → I told the truth to everyone.
Tu disas ce qu'il fallait faire dans cette situation. → You said what should be done in this situation.
Il dit ce qu'il pensait, sans hésiter. → He said what he thought, without hesitation.
Nous dîmes que nous étions prêts à partir. → We said that we were ready to leave.
Vous dîtes des paroles réconfortantes. → You said comforting words.
Elles dirent qu'elles allaient partir bientôt. → They said that they were going to leave soon.
---
Passé Composé (I have said, You have said, He/She has said, etc.)
J'ai dit que je viendrais à l'heure. → I said that I would come on time.
Tu as dit quelque chose d'intéressant pendant le cours. → You said something interesting during the class.
Il a dit qu'il avait déjà vu ce film. → He said that he had already seen that movie.
Nous avons dit à nos amis que nous étions prêts. → We told our friends that we were ready.
Vous avez dit que vous reviendriez plus tard. → You said that you would return later.
Elles ont dit qu'elles étaient désolées. → They said that they were sorry.
---
Plus-que-parfait (I had said, You had said, He/She had said, etc.)
J'avais dit que je ne pouvais pas venir. → I had said that I could not come.
Tu avais dit que tu étais fatigué avant de partir. → You had said that you were tired before leaving.
Il avait dit qu'il partirait en vacances en juillet. → He had said that he would go on vacation in July.
Nous avions dit que nous serions en retard. → We had said that we would be late.
Vous aviez dit que vous vouliez partir tôt. → You had said that you wanted to leave early.
Elles avaient dit qu'elles allaient acheter des billets. → They had said that they were going to buy tickets.
---
Conditionnel Passé (I would have said, You would have said, He/She would have said, etc.)
J'aurais dit quelque chose si j'avais su. → I would have said something if I had known.
Tu aurais dit ce que tu pensais si tu avais eu l'occasion. → You would have said what you thought if you had had the opportunity.
Il aurait dit la vérité s'il avait eu le courage. → He would have said the truth if he had had the courage.
Nous aurions dit quelque chose, mais nous étions trop timides. → We would have said something, but we were too shy.
Vous auriez dit que vous étiez fatigués si vous l'aviez pu. → You would have said that you were tired if you could have.
Elles auraient dit qu'elles ne pouvaient pas venir. → They would have said that they could not come.
---
Subjonctif Présent (That I say, That you say, That he/she says, etc.)
Il faut que je dise la vérité maintenant. → It is necessary that I tell the truth now.
Je veux que tu dises ce que tu ressens. → I want you to say what you feel.
Il est important qu'il dise ce qu'il pense. → It is important that he says what he thinks.
Nous espérons que vous disiez à votre équipe de venir. → We hope that you tell your team to come.
Il est possible que nous disions quelque chose d'important. → It is possible that we say something important.
J'ai peur qu'elle s ne disent pas la vérité. → I am afraid that they will not tell the truth.
---
Let me know if you need further examples or explanations!
Comments
Post a Comment