Chercher

 Here are the tenses for chercher (to look for) with example sentences and their English translations:



---


Présent (I look for, You look for, He/She looks for, etc.)


Je cherche mes clés partout. → I am looking for my keys everywhere.


Tu cherches un nouvel appartement ? → Are you looking for a new apartment?


Il cherche toujours des solutions aux problèmes. → He always looks for solutions to problems.


Nous cherchons un bon restaurant pour ce soir. → We are looking for a good restaurant for tonight.


Vous cherchez encore votre téléphone ? → Are you still looking for your phone?


Elles cherchent un emploi dans leur domaine. → They are looking for a job in their field.




---


Imparfait (I was looking for, You were looking for, He/She was looking for, etc.)


Je cherchais un livre intéressant à lire. → I was looking for an interesting book to read.


Tu cherchais toujours des excuses. → You were always looking for excuses.


Il cherchait son chat toute la matinée. → He was looking for his cat all morning.


Nous cherchions un bon film à regarder. → We were looking for a good movie to watch.


Vous cherchiez un endroit calme pour étudier. → You were looking for a quiet place to study.


Elles cherchaient des informations sur le sujet. → They were looking for information on the topic.




---


Futur Simple (I will look for, You will look for, He/She will look for, etc.)


Je chercherai un nouvel emploi après mes études. → I will look for a new job after my studies.


Tu chercheras une solution demain. → You will look for a solution tomorrow.


Il cherchera un cadeau pour son ami. → He will look for a gift for his friend.


Nous chercherons un hôtel près de la plage. → We will look for a hotel near the beach.


Vous chercherez des alternatives plus écologiques. → You will look for more eco-friendly alternatives.


Elles chercheront une maison plus grande. → They will look for a bigger house.




---


Passé Simple (I looked for, You looked for, He/She looked for, etc.) [Literary use]


Je cherchai mon chemin dans la forêt. → I looked for my way in the forest.


Tu cherchas ton ami dans la foule. → You looked for your friend in the crowd.


Il chercha une solution toute la nuit. → He looked for a solution all night.


Nous cherchâmes une auberge pour nous reposer. → We looked for an inn to rest.


Vous cherchâtes des indices sur la scène du crime. → You looked for clues at the crime scene.


Elles cherchèrent une réponse à leur question. → They looked for an answer to their question.




---


Passé Composé (I have looked for, You have looked for, He/She has looked for, etc.)


J’ai cherché mon téléphone pendant une heure. → I have looked for my phone for an hour.


Tu as cherché ce livre partout ? → Have you looked for this book everywhere?


Il a cherché son frère au marché. → He has looked for his brother at the market.


Nous avons cherché un restaurant ouvert tard. → We have looked for a restaurant open late.


Vous avez cherché une solution sans succès. → You have looked for a solution without success.


Elles ont cherché un appartement en centre-ville. → They have looked for an apartment in the city center.




---


Plus-que-parfait (I had looked for, You had looked for, He/She had looked for, etc.)


J’avais cherché mes lunettes partout avant de les retrouver sur ma tête. → I had looked for my glasses everywhere before finding them on my head.


Tu avais cherché un moyen de partir plus tôt. → You had looked for a way to leave earlier.


Il avait cherché un emploi pendant plusieurs mois. → He had looked for a job for several months.


Nous avions cherché une maison dans ce quartier. → We had looked for a house in this neighborhood.


Vous aviez cherché une solution ensemble. → You had looked for a solution together.


Elles avaient cherché des indices toute la matinée. → They had looked for clues all morning.




---


Conditionnel Passé (I would have looked for, You would have looked for, He/She would have looked for, etc.)


J’aurais cherché une autre alternative si j’avais su. → I would have looked for another alternative if I had known.


Tu aurais cherché un meilleur hôtel si tu avais eu plus de temps. → You would have looked for a better hotel if you had had more time.


Il aurait cherché une autre solution s’il avait eu plus d’options. → He would have looked for another solution if he had had more options.


Nous aurions cherché une réponse plus claire. → We would have looked for a clearer answer.


Vous auriez cherché ailleurs si vous aviez su. → You would have looked elsewhere if you had known.


Elles auraient cherché une autre maison si celle-ci n’avait pas été disponible. → They would have looked for another house if this one hadn’t been available.




---


Subjonctif Présent (That I look for, That you look for, That he/she looks for, etc.)


Il faut que je cherche une nouvelle opportunité. → It is necessary that I look for a new opportunity.


Je veux que tu cherches un emploi stable. → I want you to look for a stable job.


Il est important qu’il cherche une solution rapidement. → It is important that he looks for a solution quickly.


Nous espérons que vous cherchiez des alternatives plus durables. → We hope that you look for more sustainable alternatives.


Il est possible que nous cherchions un autre appartement. → It is possible that we look for another apartment.


Je doute q u’elles cherchent vraiment une solution. → I doubt that they are really looking for a solution.




---


Let me know if you need another verb!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acheter

House of Etre Imparfait

Sortir