Arriver

 

Here are the tenses for arriver (to arrive) with example sentences and their English translations:


Présent (I arrive, You arrive, He/She arrives, etc.)

  • Je n'arrive pas à croire que c'est déjà l'heure.I can't believe it's already time.
  • Tu arrives toujours en avance.You always arrive early.
  • Il arrive à l'aéroport à 18h.He arrives at the airport at 6 PM.
  • Nous arrivons dans cinq minutes.We arrive in five minutes.
  • Vous arrivez juste à temps.You arrive just in time.
  • Elles arrivent demain matin.They arrive tomorrow morning.

Imparfait (I was arriving, You were arriving, He/She was arriving, etc.)

  • Je n'arrivais jamais à temps pour le début des cours.I was never arriving on time for the start of class.
  • Tu arrivais souvent en retard à l'école.You were often arriving late to school.
  • Il arrivait en retard à chaque réunion.He was arriving late to every meeting.
  • Nous arrivions à la gare quand le train est parti.We were arriving at the station when the train left.
  • Vous arriviez à peine quand ils ont commencé.You were barely arriving when they started.
  • Elles arrivaient toujours après tout le monde.They were always arriving after everyone else.

Futur Simple (I will arrive, You will arrive, He/She will arrive, etc.)

  • Je n'arriverai pas avant 20h.I will not arrive before 8 PM.
  • Tu arriveras bientôt à destination.You will arrive soon at your destination.
  • Il arrivera dans une heure.He will arrive in an hour.
  • Nous arriverons à temps pour le concert.We will arrive in time for the concert.
  • Vous arriverez à la maison avant la fin de la journée.You will arrive at home before the end of the day.
  • Elles arriveront demain soir.They will arrive tomorrow evening.

Passé Simple (I arrived, You arrived, He/She arrived, etc.) [Literary use]

  • J'arrivai en plein milieu de la fête.I arrived in the middle of the party.
  • Tu arrivas à l'heure, comme toujours.You arrived on time, as always.
  • Il arriva juste avant le dîner.He arrived just before dinner.
  • Nous arrivâmes à la gare après une longue journée de voyage.We arrived at the station after a long day of travel.
  • Vous arrivâtes après la cérémonie.You arrived after the ceremony.
  • Elles arrivèrent tard dans la nuit.They arrived late at night.

Passé Composé (I have arrived, You have arrived, He/She has arrived, etc.)

  • Je suis arrivé en retard ce matin.I have arrived late this morning.
  • Tu es arrivé il y a cinq minutes.You have arrived five minutes ago.
  • Il est arrivé juste à temps pour le début du film.He has arrived just in time for the start of the movie.
  • Nous sommes arrivés après le dîner.We have arrived after dinner.
  • Vous êtes arrivés très tôt ce matin.You have arrived very early this morning.
  • Elles sont arrivées à 8h précises.They have arrived at exactly 8 AM.

Plus-que-parfait (I had arrived, You had arrived, He/She had arrived, etc.)

  • Je serai parti quand vous serez arrivés.I had left by the time you arrived.
  • Tu étais déjà parti quand ils sont arrivés.You had already left when they arrived.
  • Il était arrivé avant que je ne le contacte.He had arrived before I contacted him.
  • Nous étions arrivés à la gare quand le train est parti.We had arrived at the station when the train left.
  • Vous étiez arrivés bien avant l'heure prévue.You had arrived long before the scheduled time.
  • Elles étaient arrivées tôt le matin.They had arrived early in the morning.

Conditionnel Passé (I would have arrived, You would have arrived, He/She would have arrived, etc.)

  • Je serais arrivé plus tôt si je n'avais pas raté le bus.I would have arrived earlier if I hadn’t missed the bus.
  • Tu serais arrivé à l'heure si tu n’avais pas eu d'imprévu.You would have arrived on time if you hadn’t had any unforeseen events.
  • Il serait arrivé plus tôt s’il n’avait pas été retenu.He would have arrived earlier if he hadn’t been held up.
  • Nous serions arrivés à temps si la circulation avait été meilleure.We would have arrived on time if the traffic had been better.
  • Vous seriez arrivés plus tôt si vous n’aviez pas eu de retard.You would have arrived earlier if you hadn’t been late.
  • Elles seraient arrivées si elles avaient eu les informations à temps.They would have arrived if they had had the information in time.

Subjonctif Présent (That I arrive, That you arrive, That he/she arrives, etc.)

  • Il faut que j'arrive à l'heure demain.It is necessary that I arrive on time tomorrow.
  • Je souhaite que tu arrives bientôt.I wish that you arrive soon.
  • Il est possible qu’il arrive après tout le monde.It is possible that he arrives after everyone else.
  • Nous espérons que vous arriviez à temps.We hope that you arrive on time.
  • Il est important que nous arrivions ensemble.It is important that we arrive together.
  • Je suis content qu’elles arrivent pour la fête.I am happy that they are arriving for the party.

Let me know if you need more details or another verb!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acheter

House of Etre Imparfait

Sortir