Croire

 Here are example sentences for croire in all your requested tenses, with English translations.



---


Présent (I believe, You believe, He/She believes, etc.)


Je crois que c'est une bonne idée. → I believe that it's a good idea.


Tu crois en la magie ? → Do you believe in magic?


Il croit que tout est possible. → He believes that anything is possible.


Nous croyons en l'importance de l'éducation. → We believe in the importance of education.


Vous croyez en Dieu ? → Do you believe in God?


Elles croient que les choses vont s'améliorer. → They believe that things will improve.




---


Imparfait (I was believing, You were believing, He/She was believing, etc.)


Je croyais qu'il allait venir. → I was believing that he was going to come.


Tu croyais que ce film serait intéressant. → You were believing that the movie would be interesting.


Il croyait en la réincarnation. → He was believing in reincarnation.


Nous croyions que tout allait bien. → We were believing that everything was fine.


Vous croyiez que cette décision était la meilleure. → You were believing that this decision was the best.


Elles croyaient qu'elles avaient gagné. → They were believing that they had won.




---


Futur Simple (I will believe, You will believe, He/She will believe, etc.)


Je croirai en toi, peu importe ce qui se passe. → I will believe in you, no matter what happens.


Tu croiras que tout va bien se passer. → You will believe that everything will go well.


Il croira en ses rêves. → He will believe in his dreams.


Nous croirons en l'avenir de nos enfants. → We will believe in the future of our children.


Vous croirez que j'avais raison. → You will believe that I was right.


Elles croiront qu'elles peuvent accomplir ce qu'elles veulent. → They will believe that they can accomplish whatever they want.




---


Passé Simple (I believed, You believed, He/She believed, etc.) [Mostly literary]


Je crus que tout était perdu. → I believed that everything was lost.


Tu crus en toi-même malgré les obstacles. → You believed in yourself despite the obstacles.


Il crut que ses efforts seraient récompensés. → He believed that his efforts would be rewarded.


Nous crûmes qu'il serait là à temps. → We believed that he would be there on time.


Vous crûtes en l'idée du changement. → You believed in the idea of change.


Elles crurent que tout était possible. → They believed that everything was possible.




---


Passé Composé (I have believed, You have believed, He/She has believed, etc.)


J'ai cru que tu m'avais oublié. → I have believed that you had forgotten me.


Tu as cru que cela serait facile. → You have believed that it would be easy.


Il a cru en ses capacités. → He has believed in his abilities.


Nous avons cru en la justice. → We have believed in justice.


Vous avez cru que tout allait bien se passer. → You have believed that everything would go well.


Elles ont cru qu'elles avaient gagné la compétition. → They have believed that they had won the competition.




---


Plus-que-parfait (I had believed, You had believed, He/She had believed, etc.)


J'avais cru que tu étais déjà parti. → I had believed that you had already left.


Tu avais cru en tes rêves quand tu étais jeune. → You had believed in your dreams when you were young.


Il avait cru qu'il était trop tard pour agir. → He had believed that it was too late to act.


Nous avions cru qu'il pleuvrait toute la journée. → We had believed that it would rain all day.


Vous aviez cru que vous gagneriez la course. → You had believed that you would win the race.


Elles avaient cru que l'examen serait facile. → They had believed that the exam would be easy.




---


Conditionnel Passé (I would have believed, You would have believed, He/She would have believed, etc.)


J'aurais cru que tu serais arrivé plus tôt. → I would have believed that you would have arrived earlier.


Tu aurais cru en moi si tu m'avais écouté. → You would have believed in me if you had listened to me.


Il aurait cru que c'était un rêve si cela ne s'était pas produit. → He would have believed that it was a dream if it hadn't happened.


Nous aurions cru que tout allait bien se passer. → We would have believed that everything would go well.


Vous auriez cru que c'était une mauvaise idée. → You would have believed that it was a bad idea.


Elles auraient cru qu'elles avaient raison si elles n'avaient pas découvert la vérité. → They would have believed that they were right if they hadn't discovered the truth.




---


Subjonctif Présent (That I believe, That you believe, That he/she believes, etc.)


Il est important que je croie en moi-même. → It is important that I believe in myself.


Je veux que tu croies en tes rêves. → I want you to believe in your dreams.


Il faut qu'il croie que tout est possible. → He needs to believe that everything is possible.


Nous espérons que vous croyez en l'avenir de notre projet. → We hope that you believe in the future of our project.


Il est possible que nous croyions à la même chose. → It is possible that we believe the same thing.


Je suis content qu'elles  croient en elles-mêmes. → I am happy that they believe in themselves.




---


Let me know if you need further explanations or more examples!



Comments